Monday, October 4, 2010

Cheese-Crackers-Juices

I recently did a 7-day juicing fast. I experimented a lot and it seems that I can't tolerate too well the green-leafy juice. I basically can't drink it-my jaws are getting clutched! It has to be one green leaf mixed with carrots and/or apples, and always spiced up with ginger, cayenne pepper, lemon. For me, the apples were the escape!

My favorite juicy-picks were:
#1: Gala apple, carrots, beet, ginger, cayenne
#2: Kale, green apple, ginger, lemon, parsley, cilantro
#3: Pear, apple, ginger, lemon
#4: Green collard, parsley, green apple, carrot, lemon, ginger

Here' s the second one:

Several weeks after the fast, I'm having fun trying out recipes from various books and websites. Five days ago I prepared a "cheese", and after two days I've got bored of it. However...I forgot about it until today and, surprisingly, it tastes like CHEESE! Unbelievable. I'm never going to crave milk cheese again.....This is fabulous with cucumbers, and probably with tomatoes and peppers (I'm avoiding the nightshades for awhile).

This recipe is from "The Raw Transformation", by Wendy Rudell (thanks Corina/Alin/Corina for the book).

Cheese recipe:
1/2 C macadamia nuts, soaked 6 hours
1/2 C pine nuts, soaked 6 hours
1/4 C fresh parsley
1/2 tsp salt, Nama Shoyu, or Bragg's
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 C lemon juice
water

Blend all ingredients. Add water little by little, just to keep the blades turning.Refrigerate. Great for raw pizza, Thai rolls, kale chips etc.
*I've soaked the nuts over night. I added also a bit of garlic. I used more macadamia nuts than pine nuts!
*It tasted more cheesy in the fifth day!

I've ate this cheese with the ZOC-flax crackers:
The ingredients quantity always vary for me, so experiment and find your own favorite version.

ZOC-flax crackers recipe:
Zucchini- 2 medium
Onion- 1 medium
Carrots- 3 small
Golden flax seeds- 2C ground and 1/2 C whole
Sunflower seeds-sprouted- 2C
Tamari, sea salt, cayenne pepper, dill seeds, olive oil

Shred all vegetables- I don't like crackers that are uniform. I like to see colors and feel textures. BUT...you can mix them thoroughly and get a paste-like consistency.
Then add the flax seeds (grounded and whole), sunflower seeds, seasonings, and oil. I mixed the "dough" by hand, then dehydrated it for 10-12 hours at 105F. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment